Latrobe Youth Space
Latrobe Youth Space is a fun, inclusive, safe space where young people's voices can be heard. It is a space for opportunity, where young people can explore their interests while feeling supported and secure, Latrobe Youth Space strives to empower, unite and advocate for the youth of Latrobe City.
As a space where everyone can feel safe to be themselves, the Latrobe Youth Space aims to diminish stereotypes and create a place where youth of Latrobe City can flourish.
Location: Latrobe Youth Space is located in the Mid Valley Shopping Centre and is open every day except Sundays. Plenty of parking is available in the centre or via bus routes 1, 2, 21, and 22.
To join any of our live sessions click the timetable below to connect to our private Facebook group.
YMCA Peninsula Youth Services
YMCA Peninsula Youth Services have been operating in the region for the past 11 years serving the community to help young people develop ownership and control of their individual mental, physical and emotional health in order to live happy and fulfilling lives. Our activities and initiatives aim to engage young people for the duration of their secondary school years, and in many cases beyond.
Location: YMCA Peninsula Youth Services ('Jimmy’s') is currently operating from temporary premises at 2291 Point Nepean Road, Rye while awaiting completion of an amazing youth sanctuary in Rosebud. The building, due to open at 827-829 Point Nepean Road Rosebud later this year, is funded by Jimmy’s Foundation.
YMCA Bendigo Youth Services
The Five Ways to Wellbeing is at the foundation of the work the YMCA in Bendigo to support young people. Developed by the New Economics Foundation in the U.K, it is an evidence-based approach to maintaining good physical and mental health.
- Be Active: Keeping it fun is the key and may include taking a walk or bike ride, playing sport or working out, dancing or gardening.
- Connect: Maintaining meaningful connections to others allows young people to avoid isolation, to listen and be heard, and feel part of a community.
- Give: Finding ways to help others by giving our time, words and presence.
- Take Notice: Taking the time to notice the simple things that bring joy. Living in the present through mindfulness activities is a great place to start.
- Keep Learning: Embracing new opportunities, maintaining interests and hobbies, finding purpose and meaning in our pursuits.
Location: Bendigo Youth Services' office is located at 171 Lyttleton Terrace, just down the road from Bendigo Town Hall.